Core Program Lottery Information
Each season, First Tee hosts a lottery for participants at the TARGET (ages 5 & 6), PLAYer (ages 7-12), and Teen (ages 12-18) levels.
Levels for returning participants who have certified through end-of-season assessments (Advanced PLAYer, Par, Birdie, and Eagle) will not have a lottery, and registration will open on the first day of the lottery.
Our goal is to make the process fair for all parents/participants at the levels where we have the most program interest. Please read ALL the details below as there will be a couple of steps for parents to follow if your child is selected for a First Tee class.
Core Registrations (2-step system):
- Starting on the first day of the lottery and continuing for one week, log in or create a First Tee account by clicking here and add your children to as many class waitlists as you’d like.
- You will not be asked to pay for any classes at that time.
- You will only be given waitlist options for the TARGET, PLAYer, and Teen levels.
- You can register at any time over these 7 days, and there will be NO preference given to families who are first to register.
- For two days following Step 1, the Core Program randomized lottery will be drawn.
- Families selected for each TARGET, PLAYer, and Teen class will be contacted via email.
- Lottery families will HAVE LESS THAN 48 HOURS to click the link in their email, log back into the registration system, and either pay or apply for financial aid.
- Due to the nature of the registration system, after 48 hours, you will be moved to the bottom of the waitlist. There is NOTHING First Tee staff can do if you miss this window. All unpaid spots will automatically go to the next families in the randomized lottery.
- We suggest checking your spam on the evening of the lottery to make sure no registration-related emails went there.
Please note that due to the fully random nature of this new process, siblings may not be selected for the same class or day, or one sibling may be selected while another is not. We will not be able to add any additional spots to classes for siblings. Any classes with remaining spots after all lottery participants have been processed can register on a first-come, first-served basis.